Hints & Tips
Hints & Tips
Ask the Big Kahuna
Best Hidden Places
10 Best of Hawaii
Whether you want to stay in a large hotel, vacation rental property, or bed and breakfast, the more you know about your options in advance the better a selection you can make. Following are some guideline questions regarding a hotel, but most will apply to any vacation accommodation. And don’t forget to ask about the simple amenities like shampoo and hair dryer. It’s always better to know ahead of time what you need to bring, rather than having to spend precious vacation time finding someplace to make those purchases.
- Where is the hotel located? Downtown? Near the airport? Near historical sites?
- What types of rooms does the hotel have available?
Examples: single; double; smoking/non-smoking.
- What are the room rates? Does the hotel offer any special or promotional rates?
Examples: advance purchase discounts; weekend specials; rates which include breakfast and/or other amenities; corporate rates.
- What taxes are involved with my hotel stay?
Examples: room occupancy tax; state tax; departure taxes; surcharges.
- Can my reservations be guaranteed if held with a credit card?
- Does the hotel issue a confirmation number? Can I receive a copy of the hotel confirmation in writing?
- What are the hotel’s address and phone/fax numbers?
- What types of parking facilities does the hotel offer and what are the costs involved?
- What are the hotel’s cancellation policies? Is there a penalty assessed if I cancel?
- What special features does the hotel offer?
Example: restaurants; pools; on-site recreation; etc.
- Is the hotel accessible for the disabled?
- What are the hotel’s check-in and check-out times?Source: American Society of Travel Agents
Book your own Accommodation today: Big Island | Kauai | Maui | Oahu
Explore more Hints & Tips…
Or plan your dream vacation through our Hawaii Travel Directory: Big Island | Kauai | Maui | Oahu