When to Visit Hawaii
We are often asked, “When is the best time to visit Hawaii?” — which is like asking, “How high is up?” It’s all relative. Here are 10 tips to help you decide the best time to visit Hawaii for YOU:
1. The busiest tourist season is December to February, mostly because people from the mainland want to get away from the blizzards.
2. June to October is the “hottest” period, but temperatures do not vary very much, ranging between 75 to 85 degrees.
3. Rainfall is heaviest between December and March, but not so heavy as to be a concern. If you wait a while the sun will come out and you will be rewarded with a glorious rainbow.
4. Hotel prices are lowest between April and mid-December.
5. The best weather is often found in April, May, September and October. These are also the months when you can find some good travel bargains.
6. Airfare and lodging tend to be more expensive during the “high” season of mid-December to mid-April. Also, winter is the time to see those humongous waves on Oahu’s famous north shore.
7. In summer, the kids are out of school, so beaches are more crowded.
8. The last week in April and first week in May can be very busy in Waikiki. This is the peak season for visitors from Japan due to the Japanese “Golden Week” holidays.
9. The Merrie Monarch Hula Festival, held during the week after Easter and the Ironman Triathlon, held in October are busy times for the Big Island.
10. The water temperature in Hawaii is very consistent. The year-round average water temperature is a warm 74 degrees. It can reach 80 degrees in mid-summer.
So, the best answer to the question “When is the best time to visit Hawaii?” is: there is no bad time to visit paradise!
Explore more Hints & Tips…