Kauai Romance Special
Places to Stay (or hide)
Where to Go (or go away)
Kauai Wedding Locations
Read Kauai Magazine
Getting a Hawaii Marriage License & Certificate
Though there is no place on earth more beautiful for a wedding than Kauai, the State of Hawaii requires that you have a marriage license, but makes it easy. Note that a marriage “license” permits a marriage to take place and a marriage “certificate” (prepared and filed by a licensed marriage officiant) indicates that a legal marriage has been performed.
Marriage license information may be obtained via telephone 24/7 by calling (808) 586-4545 or (808) 241-3498. Send e-mail to email@example.com.
Eligibility for Obtaining a Marriage License
- There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
- Blood tests are not required.
- The legal age to marry is 18 years for both males and females.
- Proof of age is required. A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under. A valid I.D. or driverís license may be presented for anyone 19 years of age or over.
Applying for a Marriage License
- The prospective bride and groom must appear together in person before a marriage license agent to apply for a marriage license. Proxies are not allowed.
- The prospective bride and groom should be prepared to provide the necessary proof of age.
- The prospective bride and groom must prepare an official application and file the application in person with the marriage license agent. Applications are provided by the marriage license agent or may be downloaded. Applications are not accepted by postal mail or email.
- Upon approval, a marriage license is issued at the time the application is made. The cost is $60.00 in cash.
- The marriage license expires in 30 days and is valid throughout the State of Hawaii.
Where to Apply
- Hawaii State Department of Health, 3060 Eiwa Street, Lihue, HI 96766. By appointment only, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Phone: (808) 274-3100.
Click Here for Select Wedding Professionals